Login

Menu

About Us

Troop 641 in Arlington, Virginia, was originally formed in 1934 at the Walker Chapel United Methodist Church on Glebe Road.  During the 70s, with many young men leaving for college and interest in Scouting dwindling, attendance dropped off and many of the Scouts moved to other Troops.  In September, 2011, recognizing the dramatic growth in Scouting across the Arlington, VA, area, the decision was made that additional Scout Troops were needed in North Arlington to offer additional opportunities for boys in surrounding Cub Scout Packs and middle schools.  The result was the rechartering of Troop 641 at its original home, Walker Chapel United Methodist Church.

Scouts that participate in Troop 641 come from Williamsburg Middle School, HB Woodlawn, Yorktown High School, Bishop O'Connell, the Lab School, Gonzaga, and other schools in Arlington and McLean.